Layers of Light
Mixed media art class
CLASS SOLD OUT!
To be notified when registration opens, make sure to get on the wait list:
Thanks and I hope to see you in class soon!
Lifetime access: 199 EUR - 237 USD
* Limited seats *
The class includes:
- 6 in-depth lessons and painting projects where I share every little detail of my art process
- Over 10 hours of video (english captions & french subtitles available)
- Creative tips & activities
- Journaling prompts
- Photo prompts
- Pinterest inspiration boards
- Contributing artists interviews by Roxanne Evans Stout, Meghan Genge, Jessica Brogan, Sarah Treanor, Petra Hrziwnatzki and Stephanie Lee!
- + Bonus video series: "White Magic, Soft Neutrals & Dark Beauty"
- + Bonus workshop: "Into the Light" with inspiration prompts, guided meditation, creativity tips and "True North Star" full painting project!
And the most beautiful, light-filled community with hundreds of creatives from all over the world!
CHAPTer 1: The Dance of Light & Shadow
This chapter is all about paying attention to light in our lives, and infusing it into art in a way that feels authentic and natural. It's about connecting with our creative spark, but also making friends with the shadows and embracing contrast.
Lesson 1 - Connect to your inner light with a "Soulboard", loosen up with intuitive collage and start awakening your creative spark!
Lesson 2 - Create a light-filled, soothing yet slightly moody mixed media painting with collage, paint, ink and a black & white photo. Explore white-on-white effects, neutral tones and darks.
CHAPTER 2: Layers of Life
In this chapter we get inspired by the layers that make up our daily lives. We will create art that has a tactile quality, building up soft, gritty and translucent layers of plaster, wax, fiber, paper...
Lesson 3 - Create a mini collage series with encaustic wax on plaster gauze and weave found words throughout the pieces.
Lesson 4 - Explore your inner world and create a dreamy landscape painting with gorgeous layers of paper, wax and fiber.
CHAPTER 3: Shine your truth
In this final chapter, we bring it all together to create deep, meaningful art that is an authentic expression of who we are. We explore the layers of meaning of personal symbols & stories and incorporate them into poetic pieces.
Lesson 5 - Create a series of small abstract paintings around a chosen symbol. Work with a grid composition and build up misty layers with my favorite faux-encaustic technique!
Lesson 6 - Indulge in every color of the rainbow and create a dreamy, figurative painting that will honor your inner artist and support you as you shine your light into the world...
A look at the projects
Some topics we will explore:
- Magical white-on-white effects and translucent layers
- Natural / neutral tones, contrast, texture
- Intuitive composition, line, shape, movement, depth
- Combining words with art
yummy materials we will use:
- Paints, gesso, inks, paper, and any supplies you already have!
- Gritty and luminous plaster, delicate lace and fiber, beautiful encaustic wax, translucent acrylic medium…
A word on wax
Working with encaustic for the first time can feel a little bit intimidating, but it's also completely addictive! I will show you how to set up your space in a safe and simple way. You're going to fall in love!
And if you don't feel ready just yet, don't let that stop you: I will teach you my easy, no-heat, no-melt faux-encaustic technique. You will achieve slightly different but beautiful and oh-so-rewarding results, and all the knowledge you will have gained will be super useful when starting real encaustic too! You have life-time access to the course so you can dive into encaustic whenever you're ready.