Layers of Light art class
Let your light shine through your art!
Class sold out!
To be notified when we open registration for the next session, or when we release a new class, please get on the wait-list below and we'll make sure to keep you informed!
Thank you and see you in class soon!
I believe that Art is the most powerful and freeing way to express your inner light. In this online workshop, I will share with you my creative process, favorite techniques and inspiration to nurture your creative spark!
The course is composed of 3 chapters / 6 lessons. Each lesson includes a main painting project as well as warm-up activities and gentle soul work, journaling, photography, Pinterest prompts… You will be invited to look at your world with new eyes and gather inspiration to use again and again in your art!
The whole point of this class is for you to slow down, take the time to connect with your inner Light, invite inspiration and create with mindfulness.
All the contents are available from the start and we are now offering the course with "lifetime access" so you can truly take it at your own unique and perfect pace!
CHAPTer 1: The Dance of Light & Shadow
This chapter is all about paying attention to light in our lives, and infusing it into art in a way that feels authentic and natural. It's about connecting with our creative spark, but also making friends with the shadows and embracing contrast. We will:
- Create a "Soulboard" and start following our inner light
- Loosen up with intuitive collage
- Explore a variety of materials that you can use to create a unique palette of whites, neutral tones and darks.
- Create a light-filled, soothing yet slightly moody mixed media painting with collage, paint, ink and a black & white photo or vintage postcard.
CHAPTER 2: Layers of Life
In this chapter we get inspired by the layers that make up our daily lives. We will create art that has a tactile quality, building up soft, gritty and translucent layers of plaster, wax, fiber, paper... We will:
- Search for the textures that give our life its unique feel, and translate them into words and art.
- Create a mini collage series with encaustic wax on plaster gauze and weave found words throughout the pieces.
- Explore our inner landscapea and reflect on our creative journey through a visual meditation.
- Create a dreamy landscape painting with gorgeous layers of paper, wax and vintage lace!
CHAPTER 3: Shine your truth
In this final chapter, we bring it all together to create deep, meaningful art that is an authentic expression of who we are. We explore the layers of meaning of personal symbols & stories and incorporate them into poetic pieces. We will:
- Follow the signs that our inner light has left for us
- Choose a personal theme/symbol to incorporate in a series of small abstract paintings, working with a grid composition.
- Build up misty layers with my favorite faux-encaustic technique!
- Play with found stories & poetic affirmations
- Indulge in every color of the rainbow!
- Create a dreamy, figurative painting to honor our inner artist and support us as we shine our light into the world.
Techniques and supplies
Some topics we will explore:
- Magical white-on-white effects and translucent layers
- Natural / neutral tones, contrast, texture
- Intuitive composition, line, shape, movement, depth
- Combining words with art
yummy materials we will use:
- Paints, gesso, inks, paper, and any supplies you already have!
- Gritty and luminous plaster, delicate lace and fiber, beautiful encaustic wax, translucent acrylic medium…
A word on wax...
Working with encaustic for the first time can feel a little bit intimidating, but it's also completely addictive! I will show you how to set up your space in a safe and simple way. You're going to fall in love!
And if you don't feel ready just yet, don't let that stop you: I will teach you my easy, no-heat, no-melt faux-encaustic technique. You will achieve slightly different but beautiful and oh-so-rewarding results, and all the knowledge you will have gained will be super useful when starting real encaustic too!
You have life-time access to the course so you can dive into encaustic whenever you're ready.
I am beyond thrilled and honored to include the amazingly beautiful words of some of my favorite artists, friends, light-bearers, brave and talented women who inspire me daily. I know they will inspire you!
- Photographer, writer and creative mentor Sarah Treanor
- Writer, storyteller and magic finder Meghan Genge, author of "Unfurl" (my favorite book this year!)
- Mixed media artist, uplifting teacher and soulful inspirer Petra Hrziwnatzki
- Writer, artist, Beauty-seeker and circle maker Jessica Leigh Brogan
- Plaster and jewelry artist, instructor and mentor Stephanie Lee
curated inspiration on Pinterest!
Support and community
All along the journey, I will be here to shine a light for you, answer your questions and cheer you on. Seats are limited so that I can truly be available to support you on your journey. You can post your questions in the comments section of each lesson or even better, on Facebook!
You will be invited to gather with like-minded creatives from all over the world in our "Circle of Light" private Facebook group, a safe place to share, encourage and learn from each other!
Give the gift of Light and Creativity!
Would you like to gift this class to a friend or family member?
We've got you covered! After check-out you'll be able to enter your friend's contact information and download a beautiful gift certificate for you to print out and fill their stockings with!
- I am a self-taught, "late blooming" creative soul on a journey of discovery.
- I'm French and live in the beautiful Loire Valley of France.
- I am a published artist and certified creativity coach with a desire to inspire and encourage you to shine your beautiful Light in this world.
- I am a dreamer, seeker of light and not-so-ordinary magic.
- I delight in the Beauty of imperfection.
- I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. I cultivate love and compassion every single day.
- I embrace mindfulness, playfulness, and the beginner's spirit.
- I believe in magic, serendipity and possibility.
- I believe in YOU.