WOVEN Dreams - Fiber Art workshop
supplies & tools
Below is a list of supplies for the class. You need very few tools for this class, and as for weaving materials, I highly recommend to go on a scavenger hunt for fabrics, yarns, natural materials and anything you want to experiment with! Ask around to friends and family for left-over yarn, string, ribbon or old garments you can cut into strips. Go out in nature to gather grasses, bark and seeds.
What you'll need:
To create your weaving loom:
- a wooden frame from a stretched canvas (remove the canvas) or any similar kind of frame
- smalls nails
- hammer (I use a small craft hammer that's really handy)
To create your piece:
- a fork
- a crochet hook, wood skewer tapestry needle
- a strip of cardboard
- cotton yarn
- a variety of fibers in any color combination you like (just make sure to include a good selection of neutral tones) : yarns (finer and thicker), lace, ribbon, cheesecloth, tulle, pieces of old linen and clothes.
- a few papers: text papers, tea bag paper, mulberry paper and tissue paper are all great options
Here are a few other optional ideas to incorporate into your project:
- natural materials: bark, feathers, dried leaves, seeds, grasses, twigs...
- reclaimed materials like plastic bag, bubble wrap, steel wool...
- embellishments like small stones, rusted metal, buttons...
There's really no limit to what you can weave: look around you and trust your imagination!
Below are a few Amazon links that can come in handy: click images to order